Ride 50km everyday in the Himalayas to promote sustainable tourism.
MANALI TO LEH 15th – 26th August
Manali to Leh route witness more than a lakh tourist every year, which means the amount of trash (non-degradable) which is being generated during the journey is in thousands of kilos. The motive of Healing Himalayas to promote Cycling for Recycling is :
- How to minimize the non-degradable waste during the journey, what all measures one can use while cycling/biking/jeep safari etc.
- Educating, camp/dhaba owners how to minimize/dispose their waste.
- Sustainable and eco-friendly alternatives. Eg: instead of single use plastic cutlery at camp site one can use steel plates or organic leaf plates.
- Reducing noise pollution.
Spreading awareness through social, electronic and press media.
Surveying camps & restaurants to check the type of garbage & their ways to dispose it.
Get ready to ride on one of the most outrageously beautiful trails in India! Given the hazard of altitude, bumpy roads and sheer cold, the Manali-Leh bike tour circuit is both challenging and highly rewarding cycling experience. At an average elevation of 13000 feet, the 479 km route from Manali to Leh takes you through dramatic views of lush forested slopes to contrasting arid mountain deserts. Expect to cross, windy passes, finger-numbing glacial streams and lonely villages perched on high hills. Plummeting valleys dotted with herds of sheep and gushing rivers are going to be constant companions to the exhilarating ride that awaits you. Pack in a good measure of resolve along with suitable fitness to haul up from the relatively easier lower Himalayan terrain of Manali across four passes till Leh. Once the intrepid cyclist in you has overcome the demanding gradients and cutting chilly winds, you can soothe the senses in the unassuming Tibetan town, Leh. An erstwhile, though veritable, pit stop on the silk route, Leh still retains its vibrant charm. The laid-back town is now sprinkled with lazy cafes, small guesthouses and an atmospheric bazaar where most tourists like to hang out. With some time to sooth the weary legs, you can set out to explore the Buddhist monasteries around. And the journey doesn’t end here. After Leh, a 18308ft pass awaits you with one last demanding conquest over Khardung La, the highest motorable road in the world.
Tour Highlights: Unmatchable topography of contrasting barren desert fields and green farmlands to soak in – Bike past four formidable mountain passes in the lower Himalayas and the highest motorable road in the world at Khardung La. – Have an intimate tryst with Ladakhi life in local homes, village-side shops and in conversations with a passing shepherd – Push the boundaries with sweat and sinew behind one of the toughest but best cycling trails in India – This one will be a wholesome fill of cycling in one of the most spectacular trails of India, with an infusion of local food, culture and the pleasant simplicity that you will encounter with locals.
Riding Style: Pro Rider Duration: 13 days / 12 nights Tour Starts: Manali Tour Ends: Leh, Ladakh Total Distance Cycled: 500km averaging 40km per day. Mountain Passes: Rohtang Pass (3980 mt), Baralacha la (4890mt), Nakee la (4900 mt), Lachulung la (5059 mt), Tanglang la (5360mt) & Khardung la (5359 mt)
12 days cycling tour package, to have bold experience in the cool habitat of North India Leh Ladakh. Detailed day wise CYCLING Tour Plan.
Day 01- Manali
Tour will start from Manali, night stay will be at Vill-Shuru. Complete rest, acclimatization, checking your gears. Enjoy the day and gear up for upcoming exciting adventure cycling tours to Leh Ladakh.
Day 02- Manali to Marhi (50 km)
Gear-up for an all-new cycling adventure tours as we reach Marhi 50 km below our first spot, we cover peddling.
Day 03- Marhi to Gondla (69 km)
After breakfast we will peddle uphill to reach Rohtang la 3978 m up and pass by first among the other passes of Leh, we go down to the road surface witnessing splendid scenery. After reaching the valley floor, we head towards Gondla along the River Chenab.
Day 04- Gondla to Jispa (43 km)
A much lighter day ahead as we continue our journey to Jispa via Keylong on a flatter road surface allowing you to enjoy the surrounding without exhausting much.
Day 05- Jispa to Zingzangbar (32 km)
Expect a bit exhausting peddling as we head skyward from Jispa to Baralacha la at 4930 m up. However, this effort shall be rewarded with scenes that are pure and white, unlike the landscapes, you come across downhill.
Day 06- Zingzangbar to Brandy Nala (74 km)
Enjoy the stunning views of Lingti valley and after few kilometres of the flat ride, the road heads dramatically upwards via ‘Gata Loops’ a series of 21 consecutive hairpin curves and bends totalling to a 20 km climb to the uphills of Lachlung la 5050 m up – an achievement worth a reward! We will come downhill all the way to Brandy Nala, a famous place for army stock up supplies.
Day 07- Brandy Nala to Pang
A less exhausting excursion to Pang, will leave you with some scope to chill and relax along the beautiful valley. A splendid experience at 4200 m, will leave you peddling a bit lighter as you ride on a flatter plain for a change.
Day 08- Pang to Tanglang-la Base Camp/Debring
From Pang, it is an uphill ride of 10 km till more plains. Changpas, the Nomadic people who tend their yaks here and a few wild asses are the only sign of life on this isolated and long plateau it is about 47 km long and 2.5 km wide ground. This belt not only barren but is known for fast blowing winds, sandstorms & extreme temperatures in the early morning and evenings.
Day 09- Tanglang-la Base Camp/Debring to Lato (60 km)
The adventure reaches its extremity as we scale up to the peak of Tanglang la, at 5328 m and among the highest spot of our journey which also require some hard peddling up the hill. Tanglang la is also the second highest road in the world. Further, we shall go down towards Rumse-Lato along a more greener and fertile.
Day 10- Lato to Leh
With the last of the soaring passes now conquered, the riding becomes easier. We follow the Indus Valley route, breaking the journey at one or two fascinating monasteries, or ‘Gompas’. We will visit Hemis Monastery to interact with 12th Gyalwang Drukpa who is a spiritual leader, Passionate cyclist and Environmentalist. Recently he accomplished cycling campaign from Nepal to Leh where the mission was to promote sustainable tourism. Currently he is cycling from Orissa to Leh for a compassionate and peaceful world.
Day 11- Khardung la decent & evening at Leh
Today is the day we all came on this ride – to be on Top of the World – the Khardung la (5602 m)! The initial smooth going track becomes tougher as we ascend, full of boulders and stones – but it is certainly worth the ride. From the pass, one can see all the way south over the Indus valley to seemingly endless peaks and ridges of the Zanskar range, and north to the giants of the Saser massif. (2/3 hrs, Downhill Trail).
When we will reach Khardung-la top we will be engaging ourselves in a cleaning drive wherein local volunteers will join us as well. Local media will be there to cover it. After lunch enjoy Leh market then during evening joins us for Dinner/Party at Leh Market.
Day 12- Leh to Manali (18 hrs)
Our tour concludes with our winding up of luggage’s and lots of memories to cherish while we transfer you to the Manali via Tempo Traveler long journey.
Day 13- Manali
Complete day rest in Manali and by evening will route group accordingly.
TOUR ENDS HERE!
Applicable Net Rates (per person cost)
Per person: Rs 52,500/
Hotel/camps included are as: -Manali: Hamptan Home. -Leh: Smanla Guest House. -Marhi till Leh Tented accommodation (moving camp/trekking style camping).
THE ABOVE RATES INCLUDE
- Mountain bikes & supporting gears.
- Accommodation in mentioned or similar hotels on twin sharing basis. Check in/out time is 12 noon.
- Accommodation Manali onward till Leh arrival in Moving camp(trekking style tents).
- Service of an attendant and a cook during camping.
- Full board basis starting with Dinner in Manali till Breakfast on departure from Leh (breakfast & dinner would be hot and we provide packed lunches during long rides or excursions)
- One back up the van (utility or pick up jeep for your baggage & camping gears only).
- Accompanied co-coordinator for the entire tour (not riding mountain bikes)
- Entrances to the place of visit & Innerline Permit (camera fee not included).
- Volvo bus tickets for overnight journey from Delhi to Manali.
- Transfer from Manali bus station to Hotel and Leh hotel to Leh airport by cars.
- Presently applicable taxes.
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Any airfare/ train fare, any other meal than mentioned in the itinerary, any personal or travel Insurance, tips, gratuities, portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks or any other expenses of personal nature, any item not specified under cost inclusions.
IMPORTANT OPERATIONAL POINTS
- It is in the nature of a tour of this kind (Adventure Tour) to be flexible. The day to day agenda and the ultimate goal of the tour is taken as an aim and not as a contractual obligation. We shall not be responsible for the delays or alterations in the program or expenses incurred due to rain, landslides, flood, conflict, internal flight delay or cancellations, strikes, sickness, weather, war, vehicle problems, political closures and disputes. Any alterations in programmes and any extra expenses thus incurred due to any reason beyond our control has to be settled directly if such charges come up to make necessary amendments and arrangements for a safe passage. Failing direct settlement of expenses, the company in operation would have to furnish us a guarantee of payment in writing and make payments before the tour services terminate.
- Mountain Biking is an adventure activity and the rates do not cover any insurance, riskcover, damages, claims etc. A person coming on adventure tour has to be covered foradventure travel & activities apart from normal travel insurance. Snow Peak travels or any of its service providers would not be liable in any case for any mishap/ loss etc.
- Your participation in a trip is entirely at your own risk. We are NOT responsible or liable for any injuries you may suffer, fatal or otherwise. Also, we are NOT responsible for any loss or damage to your property, irrespective of how any damage may have been caused.
- We will provide 01 support vehicle (utility jeep or mini truck as per the group strength) which would carry client baggage and camping gears only.
- Damage of the cycles of any kind due to an accident/ fall or any other reason etc during the tour would have to be paid by the guest as per actual cost occurred for the damage.
- The accompanying guide (coordinator) would not ride the cycle but would follow the group in the support vehicle only.
- Group members would have to get own helmets/ knee guard/ elbow guards/shoes/ biking trousers & jackets. Wearing a helmet is mandatory.
- Services subject to full advance payments only.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay because of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates are based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above-mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates ( supplement/reduction whatever applicable ) to you.
- Person booking any of group departure or tour of Fireballs Adventures would have to give an undertaking stating that he/she has been communicated very clearly all the Terms & Conditions of the tour and he/she understand fully the risks involved in a tour of this kind and in case of any death, accident, mishap that may occur during the course of tour would be his/her sole responsibility and the company or any of its associates/team members would not be responsible or liable in any case.
- The booking is accepted on the understanding that you realize the potential risks and hazards that can be involved in holidays of this kind. Fireballs Adventures, along with our leaders/guides and anyone else working in association with us cannot be held responsible for any death, accident or mishap that may occur in connection with any part of, or services connected with the holiday.
- The cost is for the entire package and there would be no refunds in case any part of the package is not availed.
- The Company would not be liable to pay any kind of compensation arising because of any mishap, sickness, accident etc.